Skip to main content

What Is Really Going On?

The father of my children went out of town a week ago and still hasn't returned. We spoke to him the first note he was in Las Vegas and he dropped off the face of the earth after that. I sent an email two days ago with a really nice picture of the two oldest and got a short response, nothing since. I am not the type to sit around and wait or become someone's door mat so I sent a text message to this mythical work cell number telling the weirdo to go somewhere else if he decides to return to my hometown. A part ofe wants him to show up so I can kick him in the throat off of my porch but the rest of me has been wondering when he was going to decide to leave again. Patterns never lie and I am sure this is the last time I am willing to go through this again. Las Vegas has some awesome sights to see and the last time I went with my kids dad he got drunk the NIGHT BEFORE we were leaving and didn't show up until I was getting in the car to drive my two year old son and five month old daughter home. I figured he was with a jooker but what do I know, I keep becoming this non-existent person who is convenient enough to keep living with. We will see what happens in the next few days because I am ready to bust some heads and get on with my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Day Challenge, Minute 2

 My second post for the #23MinuteChallenge, I think I would be the most grateful today for having some purpose in my life beyond being a mother. I have a pretty interesting job and I have been lucky enough to spend this most recent season of my life learning and gathering feedback for a community that means the most to me. I have been able to mature in my approach to issues and to learn to be more diplomatic in how I respond to issues. So with this post, my top ten things related to, or within my learning curve of higher education are as follows: Every Student Succeeds Act , 2015 Title IX Title VII Johnson O'Malley American Indian Higher Education Consortium Tribal Colleges & Universities P.L. 280  Tribal Law and Order Codes Fort Laramie Treaty, 1868 My mother, for supporting every strong willed goal and aspiration I wanted to reach but had to build the scaffold for. Unwavering love.

23 Minute Challenge, Minute 1

The first minute of magic, or self discovery, or growth. I'm ready for any of it at this point. I love challenges, I go into the concept very hopeful and excited for the outcome, then I lose steam. What I have learned with this project, and with such a deep team of colleagues and life experience-I won't fail.  I may lose track of posts and opportunities to practice, but I will not fail myself, or my friends in writing about and sharing my experiences that I learn to acknowledge within the next thirty days. Learning to cope, to accept, and to have faith have been my life lessons so far, I want to see what else I can offer or reflect on. Wish me luck. Here are the ten of twenty-three: cool air  laughter of my children running water a warm bed to sleep in love of my family capacity to budget equinox cycle development of self acceptance discomfort community

February 1, 2012

My work space, my place of concentration and love, and diligence at what I do. My job doesn't take up my life like it use to. But it does feel good to know that I do something I love and I love what I do. Every day isn't awesome but it's a good place to start. I like the work that I do and the people I'm able to interact with. My goal in college was to become an elementary school teacher so I could go back to the town I use to live in and find a decent enough job while starting a family. When the life I envisioned and the person I envisioned everything with started to wear thin, I realized teaching wasn't my dream or goal-it was the easiest and most available option.  I didn't want to become a miserable teacher. I had enough of those and when goals fall short I believe it's heartbreak that you really can't hide. I didn't want to hide. I put myself through three years of college/technical school and realized that I wasn't sure what my goal...