Skip to main content

16 Days to Go

This was my early spring four years ago. I love it. Hanging out in the Teton Valley east of Jackson Hole. Great students and an eye opening experience when we all realized how many goldfish were alive and well in the middle of a hot spring in Wyoming.

I think about that day a lot and I believe there are crocodiles alive in the sewers of NYC because I've seen these crazy fish using the survival skills they were given to adapt and make the most the situation.

SO back to the topic at hand-sixteen days until Christmas. I have a plan to get each of my children two gifts each. That would include the basics-socks & underwear and a decent toy that we can manage.

On the same note, I have a family in mind to get toys for. I met a family with five children ages 8, 6, 5, 4, 2 and another baby on the way. I figure they have enough on their plate just getting by that I will look into getting them each a gift...a budget of at least 10 bucks a piece...I don't know what it is but this situation breaks my heart. I know their personal struggle is theirs for a reason but growing up in a large family with two years between me and my older brother and younger brother it's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that my mom made it through. Knowing what we struggled through I hate to have such a young group of children going through a hard time.

For my kiddos they both are into morning cartoons. So I found some great www.amazon.com movie deals and it was worth the ten minutes to sort and find.

Other plans for the winter would be possibly going on a ski trip with my kids and their dad. Heading back up to Jackson to try and make some good family time. If we don't do the day of skiing then maybe we will take the Elk Refuge wagon ride.

So tomorrow I will look at other deals and try to find something worth writing about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Day Challenge, Minute 2

 My second post for the #23MinuteChallenge, I think I would be the most grateful today for having some purpose in my life beyond being a mother. I have a pretty interesting job and I have been lucky enough to spend this most recent season of my life learning and gathering feedback for a community that means the most to me. I have been able to mature in my approach to issues and to learn to be more diplomatic in how I respond to issues. So with this post, my top ten things related to, or within my learning curve of higher education are as follows: Every Student Succeeds Act , 2015 Title IX Title VII Johnson O'Malley American Indian Higher Education Consortium Tribal Colleges & Universities P.L. 280  Tribal Law and Order Codes Fort Laramie Treaty, 1868 My mother, for supporting every strong willed goal and aspiration I wanted to reach but had to build the scaffold for. Unwavering love.

23 Minute Challenge, Minute 1

The first minute of magic, or self discovery, or growth. I'm ready for any of it at this point. I love challenges, I go into the concept very hopeful and excited for the outcome, then I lose steam. What I have learned with this project, and with such a deep team of colleagues and life experience-I won't fail.  I may lose track of posts and opportunities to practice, but I will not fail myself, or my friends in writing about and sharing my experiences that I learn to acknowledge within the next thirty days. Learning to cope, to accept, and to have faith have been my life lessons so far, I want to see what else I can offer or reflect on. Wish me luck. Here are the ten of twenty-three: cool air  laughter of my children running water a warm bed to sleep in love of my family capacity to budget equinox cycle development of self acceptance discomfort community

February 1, 2012

My work space, my place of concentration and love, and diligence at what I do. My job doesn't take up my life like it use to. But it does feel good to know that I do something I love and I love what I do. Every day isn't awesome but it's a good place to start. I like the work that I do and the people I'm able to interact with. My goal in college was to become an elementary school teacher so I could go back to the town I use to live in and find a decent enough job while starting a family. When the life I envisioned and the person I envisioned everything with started to wear thin, I realized teaching wasn't my dream or goal-it was the easiest and most available option.  I didn't want to become a miserable teacher. I had enough of those and when goals fall short I believe it's heartbreak that you really can't hide. I didn't want to hide. I put myself through three years of college/technical school and realized that I wasn't sure what my goal...