- Plant my garden. The plants are going into pots so don't worry. I know it's late in the game for stuff but I'm still going forward with the plan. I will even make a darn greenhouse if that will help. Maybe use old sand bags to make those nifty houses for the plants.
- Clean the yard. I know most people have done this MONTHS ago, like right after all the snow melted. But I take my time and search all the nooks and crannys for the right ingredients to make a beautiful yard. The walkway is complete, the storage area is clean. Now the yard can be tamed.
- Learn to BBQ. We just bought a grill, I want to learn how to use that bad boy for EVERYTHING. I don't want to get stuck behind a hot stove for the rest of the summer if I can help it. I'd rather cook hot dogs on an open fire than have our little place nice & cozy warm on a 80 degree day.
- Lose 30 lbs. I want to hold my daughter on my lap...not my knees anymore. I want to hold her to my bosom and not worry about suffocating her or struggling to see my toes. I am giving myself until the end of July to lose half of that and work the rest off after that. I am serious about it.
- Take a road trip with the children. I want to plan a destination and get there by August. We could just go a few hours away, but I want it to be meaningful to us and our kids can have a good time. We could fish, hike, or take them swimming. Something my son can enjoy and a place that is easily accessible. Maybe this place-never been here with my children. They may like it at the Ayers-Natural-Bridge
Monday, June 21, 2010
Summer Solstice
It is officially the first day of summer. It isn't the hottest day, just the longest of the warm months. It's going to be a grand summer...I can feel it in my rickety-osteoporosis bones. This is a short list of summer plans for myself:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words that resonate.
deteha'a Pity Ely Shoshoni Graham 2008 My older cousin once explained to me the concept of being without—learning how to live in a new w...
-
My second post for the #23MinuteChallenge, I think I would be the most grateful today for having some purpose in my life beyond being a mot...
-
The first minute of magic, or self discovery, or growth. I'm ready for any of it at this point. I love challenges, I go into the concept...
-
My work space, my place of concentration and love, and diligence at what I do. My job doesn't take up my life like it use to. But it ...
No comments:
Post a Comment