Skip to main content

My Favorite Catalogs

Before I post, I have been a fan of catalogs my entire life. I have friends who have created their dream life inside pages of magazines. My friend Bri even created a lifestyle within the pages of so many catalogs with his photographic memory. I cannot even begin to tell you the many other uses of catalogs. Growing up with not a lot of money, and as an adult it is still really satisfying to order something and have it arrive 3-7 days later with the EXACT item in the picture.
  • Title 9-What is not to love about a healthy vibrant, feminine magazine like this! Fun in the sun, and amazing bios on women living their dream life with hardcore underwear and a ton of skorts to choose from.
  • Patagonia-The seasonal magazines come with stories on the contributors and the people they sponsor in a variety of events. The clothes are listed female to male and pricing is reasonable if you want to INVEST in clothing as opposed to shopping prior to the start of every season.
  • Pottery Barn-Everything and anything you could possibly imagine for hip family gatherings can be found here. The Children Pottery Barn is great for spring purchases for fall outfits. I love the backpacks and the personalization. My school aged children love having backpacks and water bottles with their names on them.
  • Schwan-Where else can you find frozen shelled peas and fully cooked, frozen, and uniform cut sweet potatoes! I love the ice cream flavors and just LOOKING at the cookie dough, breads, and meat. If I could buy meat for a week out of this magazine as opposed to cooking and freezing my own I would totally buy into the Schwan scheme of things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Day Challenge, Minute 2

 My second post for the #23MinuteChallenge, I think I would be the most grateful today for having some purpose in my life beyond being a mother. I have a pretty interesting job and I have been lucky enough to spend this most recent season of my life learning and gathering feedback for a community that means the most to me. I have been able to mature in my approach to issues and to learn to be more diplomatic in how I respond to issues. So with this post, my top ten things related to, or within my learning curve of higher education are as follows: Every Student Succeeds Act , 2015 Title IX Title VII Johnson O'Malley American Indian Higher Education Consortium Tribal Colleges & Universities P.L. 280  Tribal Law and Order Codes Fort Laramie Treaty, 1868 My mother, for supporting every strong willed goal and aspiration I wanted to reach but had to build the scaffold for. Unwavering love.

23 Minute Challenge, Minute 1

The first minute of magic, or self discovery, or growth. I'm ready for any of it at this point. I love challenges, I go into the concept very hopeful and excited for the outcome, then I lose steam. What I have learned with this project, and with such a deep team of colleagues and life experience-I won't fail.  I may lose track of posts and opportunities to practice, but I will not fail myself, or my friends in writing about and sharing my experiences that I learn to acknowledge within the next thirty days. Learning to cope, to accept, and to have faith have been my life lessons so far, I want to see what else I can offer or reflect on. Wish me luck. Here are the ten of twenty-three: cool air  laughter of my children running water a warm bed to sleep in love of my family capacity to budget equinox cycle development of self acceptance discomfort community

February 1, 2012

My work space, my place of concentration and love, and diligence at what I do. My job doesn't take up my life like it use to. But it does feel good to know that I do something I love and I love what I do. Every day isn't awesome but it's a good place to start. I like the work that I do and the people I'm able to interact with. My goal in college was to become an elementary school teacher so I could go back to the town I use to live in and find a decent enough job while starting a family. When the life I envisioned and the person I envisioned everything with started to wear thin, I realized teaching wasn't my dream or goal-it was the easiest and most available option.  I didn't want to become a miserable teacher. I had enough of those and when goals fall short I believe it's heartbreak that you really can't hide. I didn't want to hide. I put myself through three years of college/technical school and realized that I wasn't sure what my goal...