- Plant my garden. The plants are going into pots so don't worry. I know it's late in the game for stuff but I'm still going forward with the plan. I will even make a darn greenhouse if that will help. Maybe use old sand bags to make those nifty houses for the plants.
- Clean the yard. I know most people have done this MONTHS ago, like right after all the snow melted. But I take my time and search all the nooks and crannys for the right ingredients to make a beautiful yard. The walkway is complete, the storage area is clean. Now the yard can be tamed.
- Learn to BBQ. We just bought a grill, I want to learn how to use that bad boy for EVERYTHING. I don't want to get stuck behind a hot stove for the rest of the summer if I can help it. I'd rather cook hot dogs on an open fire than have our little place nice & cozy warm on a 80 degree day.
- Lose 30 lbs. I want to hold my daughter on my lap...not my knees anymore. I want to hold her to my bosom and not worry about suffocating her or struggling to see my toes. I am giving myself until the end of July to lose half of that and work the rest off after that. I am serious about it.
- Take a road trip with the children. I want to plan a destination and get there by August. We could just go a few hours away, but I want it to be meaningful to us and our kids can have a good time. We could fish, hike, or take them swimming. Something my son can enjoy and a place that is easily accessible. Maybe this place-never been here with my children. They may like it at the Ayers-Natural-Bridge
Monday, June 21, 2010
It is officially the first day of summer. It isn't the hottest day, just the longest of the warm months. It's going to be a grand summer...I can feel it in my rickety-osteoporosis bones. This is a short list of summer plans for myself: