My happy things are very simple. Today the things that make me happy are the same things that have made me happy for most of my life and I cannot ask for any more than that.
I am on the final stretch of the holiday break and I have yet to study and complete a few observations and planning for the spring of 2017. I hope to finish by this afternoon and have the rest of the day to complete tasks around our home.
The list, I love lists, I haven't taken as much initiative in the past to stick to but the past year has been very busy so I have had to rely on pen and paper a lot more to get all aspects of the day complete in a reasonable amount of time. I can explain my list briefly.
1. My children love to giggle and laugh and when it happens with two of them, everyone else has a tendency to want to see what is so funny so we all end up having a good time.
2. I have spent some time doing a lot of self assessment and trying to fill in the gaps of learning I either didn't focus on, or grazed over in order to focus on another area of study. So here I go relearning and looking for opportunities for application or research.
3. I struggle with laundry, my evenings are spent attempting to keep the piles to a minimum and sometimes I imagine how the young people at Old Navy must feel after Black Friday sales end.
4. I love my crock pot. I am a single mom with four kiddos under the age of ten and I think my relationship with my crock pot is the most reliable. I can leave in the morning know that one chore off of my mom list will be complete when I get home.
5. We've recently moved into an apartment and I intentionally waited to get a mattress for my amazing bed frame because I wanted to save the money to invest in a great mattress. I made a good choice and I love my bed. I have a space to myself when I need it or a place for the children and I to hang out.