Saturday, December 31, 2016


My happy  things are very simple. Today the things that make me happy are the same things that have made me happy for most of my life and I cannot ask for any more than that.

I am on the final stretch of the holiday break and I have yet to study and complete a few observations and planning for the spring of 2017. I hope to finish by this afternoon and have the rest of the day to complete tasks around our home.

The list, I love lists, I haven't taken as much initiative in the past to stick to but the past year has been very busy so I have had to rely on pen and paper a lot more to get all aspects of the day complete in a reasonable amount of time. I can explain my list briefly.
     1. My children love to giggle and laugh and when it happens with two of them, everyone else has a tendency to want to see what is so funny so we all end up having a good time.
2. I have spent some time doing a lot of self assessment and trying to fill in the gaps of learning I either didn't focus on, or grazed over in order to focus on another area of study. So here I go relearning and looking for opportunities for application or research.
3. I struggle with laundry, my evenings are spent attempting to keep the piles to a minimum and sometimes I imagine how the young people at Old Navy must feel after Black Friday sales end.
4. I love my crock pot. I am a single mom with four kiddos under the age of ten and I think my relationship with my crock pot is the most reliable. I can leave in the morning know that one chore off of my mom list will be complete when I get home.
5. We've recently moved into an apartment and I intentionally waited to get a mattress for my amazing bed frame because I wanted to save the money to invest in a great mattress. I made a good choice and I love my bed. I have a space to myself when I need it or a place for the children and I to hang out.