Skip to main content

Goobers

Two years and twenty-two days of goodness with this awesome animal. Scooby has been our constant companion for the past few years and he is doing a great job. We love having him around our home and he is showing a great deal of promise and friendship to the horses and rabbits that live on the Wright Property. 
He had booster shots on MLK. He did very well and even saved up a sample for the vet's office. The kids both went with their dad to the vet but stayed in the car. They actually didn't get to help with any of the visit just enjoy breakfast at their grandmother's house afterward.
We live in a great area, we are scheduled to move out in October 2012 and as of this week I am not sure what our plans will be. The more information I find on home ownership the more confident I am becoming in being a lifetime renter. The expense is beyond me and I know that my income would not suffice if we ran into some major renovation and I am not comfortable borrowing beyond six months of salary that I may possibly not ever be able to pay back.
So until I have a better plan in place. We will savor the months we have and hope that Scooby continues to enjoy his freedom and neighborly visits.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go, yo!

  Hey there! So I've been sleeping and eating and reading and somewhat writing ideas and hopes and dreams hoping to restart some creative processing for the next round of learning and dreaming. My children and I have eaten some amazing meals and prepared some traditional plants and ingredients that I would have never had the time or opportunity to know if we had not had to feed our spirits while in quarantine. We learned about the strength of our family and the effort it takes to become an intelligent person, as the world continues to move in a more productive path after quarantine, we have made changes to support our spiritual growth and make our path within ceremony to re-focus of our lives for the time being.  We have watched the sun set in Ute country and were amazed at the ingenuity and historical knowledge needed to thrive in their high arid environment. So much love and so many beautiful prayerful people have made such a good impression on my children, I will be grateful for

23 Day Challenge, Minute 2

 My second post for the #23MinuteChallenge, I think I would be the most grateful today for having some purpose in my life beyond being a mother. I have a pretty interesting job and I have been lucky enough to spend this most recent season of my life learning and gathering feedback for a community that means the most to me. I have been able to mature in my approach to issues and to learn to be more diplomatic in how I respond to issues. So with this post, my top ten things related to, or within my learning curve of higher education are as follows: Every Student Succeeds Act , 2015 Title IX Title VII Johnson O'Malley American Indian Higher Education Consortium Tribal Colleges & Universities P.L. 280  Tribal Law and Order Codes Fort Laramie Treaty, 1868 My mother, for supporting every strong willed goal and aspiration I wanted to reach but had to build the scaffold for. Unwavering love.

My 2020 Aspiration: Garth Brooks and Kelly Clarkson

One of the best days of my life in being able to support someone who has the capacity to help so many others. I had some amazing life lines I utilized and had the opportunity to support women showing up for other women in a way that we never have the time or opportunity to do as much as I would like to see...but for one day some beautiful and important relationships were made to help see someone through a transitional time in life that I still struggle with.  I am so grateful for the ability to find support and direction in what it is that I'm doing and what it is that I can do better not only for myself but for my family.