Skip to main content

Vessle, the vehicle the emotion moves through.

'Forever could never be long enough for me. To feel like I've had long enough with you."

Shoulda, coulda, woulda...I get stuck in this frame of mind and it DOGS me. It follows me and has a lingering effect on me. My deHeemp, my person, my geechnDivo. The man I knew would have seen me through my adult life passed on.

People have seen him as a youngster, but I had a hard time understanding that. To me he's always been a guy growing into a man. He's always been a man to me. I've liked him because I have always believed in the person he was going to become.

The man he was going to be was a part of what use to make my heart strong. I was so proud, I am so proud of what he brought to my life.

'Love has surely shifted my way.'

In my own way I worked to get the heck outta town, I wanted to see what the world had to offer away from here. From where I ended up at I hoped he made his way and was enjoying life and liked what he was learning just as much as I was.

Took me ten years to get to that place in life where we finally had the chance to come together. The things I always wanted to say, the thoughts and the actions I always wanted to have the opportunity for finally did happen and it was enough. It was enough to get me through the months, years, and today-and one day-the rest of my lifetime.

The encouragment to love someone I've always wanted to share a life with, someone I never felt like I deserved or shared enough in common with but love and respect, I always wondered if that would have been enough.

His place in my life, his place in my idea of community, have always been huge roles. He never believed me when I told him that. He always made it seem like he was a neweDivo and would always be on the outskirts. Never in my life. I wanted him close, I held him responsible in my life.

He gave me my children. I never considered being a mother. I thought that part of my life passed me by. One night, our first long night of talking and hanging out, he told me about his marriage, his perspective on it now, and the regret of not having that opportunity. That was it for me. Some part of me, or hearing how that effected a guy, I wanted to give that to him.

I knew he couldn't, but in the heat of the moment, asking to consider it made my heart skip a beat and a part of me wanted to believe I was given the chance to give him one thing he wanted. His son.

Nine and half months later when my baby was born, I thought about him and wondered why Creator gave me the baby I wanted with a different man that didn't love me. For that first year I drove past my geechenDivos place and wondered how much easier our life would have been if my son could have come into the world with the man I wanted. I could have coped, I could have bonded, I wouldn't have been alone.

I love my life, I love my children, I miss my friend. My heart aches, the one man that grew up here that I felt I could depend on is gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go, yo!

  Hey there! So I've been sleeping and eating and reading and somewhat writing ideas and hopes and dreams hoping to restart some creative processing for the next round of learning and dreaming. My children and I have eaten some amazing meals and prepared some traditional plants and ingredients that I would have never had the time or opportunity to know if we had not had to feed our spirits while in quarantine. We learned about the strength of our family and the effort it takes to become an intelligent person, as the world continues to move in a more productive path after quarantine, we have made changes to support our spiritual growth and make our path within ceremony to re-focus of our lives for the time being.  We have watched the sun set in Ute country and were amazed at the ingenuity and historical knowledge needed to thrive in their high arid environment. So much love and so many beautiful prayerful people have made such a good impression on my children, I will be grateful for

23 Day Challenge, Minute 2

 My second post for the #23MinuteChallenge, I think I would be the most grateful today for having some purpose in my life beyond being a mother. I have a pretty interesting job and I have been lucky enough to spend this most recent season of my life learning and gathering feedback for a community that means the most to me. I have been able to mature in my approach to issues and to learn to be more diplomatic in how I respond to issues. So with this post, my top ten things related to, or within my learning curve of higher education are as follows: Every Student Succeeds Act , 2015 Title IX Title VII Johnson O'Malley American Indian Higher Education Consortium Tribal Colleges & Universities P.L. 280  Tribal Law and Order Codes Fort Laramie Treaty, 1868 My mother, for supporting every strong willed goal and aspiration I wanted to reach but had to build the scaffold for. Unwavering love.

My 2020 Aspiration: Garth Brooks and Kelly Clarkson

One of the best days of my life in being able to support someone who has the capacity to help so many others. I had some amazing life lines I utilized and had the opportunity to support women showing up for other women in a way that we never have the time or opportunity to do as much as I would like to see...but for one day some beautiful and important relationships were made to help see someone through a transitional time in life that I still struggle with.  I am so grateful for the ability to find support and direction in what it is that I'm doing and what it is that I can do better not only for myself but for my family.