Sunday, September 17, 2017
So I have a road trip to make with someone near and dear to my heart. My goal in providing a music and movie filled ride is to gather information. Not only about the person I believe I know, but the woman she was before I came into her world.
This trip will also begin a new chapter in my life because I want to learn the intimate 'why' and 'how' cancer develops and how in the hell our people can develop and grow so many unique types and stages of this ravenous marauder.
It is a marauder, but there are so many traits of the cells that mirror our own journey into 2017, we've adapted, we have learned to assimilate, and we too, have always been here. Is there a way to make amends or reignite the DNA our indigenous bones carry to remind the carcinoma how to create a biosphere? No, okay it was worth a try.
I watched, "High Fidelity" Directed by John Frears and I am sorting through playlists on #Spotify trying to determine what makes a perfect playlist...show me what you have.
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
There are a number of changes and life events effecting a lot of people around me and individuals who have impacted my life both positively and in a negative nature. I wanted to take a few minutes to put this into some sort of perspective.
I am an older woman now and it's finally dawned on me what it means to pray for someone. Offering prayers or good thoughts for people has been a form of expressing love-because it is all you have to give. I don't have much to offer others and what I have in abundance is love. There were years I worked very hard and long hours to provide and I was successful and since I have changed gears and begin at the bottom of my field I have humbled myself enough to know that all I have to offer is a positive outlook and support the best way I can provide it.
Saturday, December 31, 2016
My happy things are very simple. Today the things that make me happy are the same things that have made me happy for most of my life and I cannot ask for any more than that.
I am on the final stretch of the holiday break and I have yet to study and complete a few observations and planning for the spring of 2017. I hope to finish by this afternoon and have the rest of the day to complete tasks around our home.
The list, I love lists, I haven't taken as much initiative in the past to stick to but the past year has been very busy so I have had to rely on pen and paper a lot more to get all aspects of the day complete in a reasonable amount of time. I can explain my list briefly.
1. My children love to giggle and laugh and when it happens with two of them, everyone else has a tendency to want to see what is so funny so we all end up having a good time.
2. I have spent some time doing a lot of self assessment and trying to fill in the gaps of learning I either didn't focus on, or grazed over in order to focus on another area of study. So here I go relearning and looking for opportunities for application or research.
3. I struggle with laundry, my evenings are spent attempting to keep the piles to a minimum and sometimes I imagine how the young people at Old Navy must feel after Black Friday sales end.
4. I love my crock pot. I am a single mom with four kiddos under the age of ten and I think my relationship with my crock pot is the most reliable. I can leave in the morning know that one chore off of my mom list will be complete when I get home.
5. We've recently moved into an apartment and I intentionally waited to get a mattress for my amazing bed frame because I wanted to save the money to invest in a great mattress. I made a good choice and I love my bed. I have a space to myself when I need it or a place for the children and I to hang out.